Monday, November 14, 2005

Colour Bursts
The advantage of using Adobe is that you can dabble with innumerable shades of colour - 'Intha colour pothuma' style. Imagine creating such colours using water colours or oil paints - you just have to mix colours in varying consistencies, check them if this is the colour you want and finally use it. And one has to be really careful in mixing the same colours again in the same proportion to maintain consistency thru' out the painting.


I don't have such hassles in using Adobe and that's why my paintings are lavish on colours. Bright shades of yellow, red and orange - these are some colours which I tend to use often.

My own Little Suns: One of my fascinations is to draw flowers to take advantage of so much colours and secondly they are easy. This one Was inspired by a wallpaper. No effects. And not much of effort too - very much unfinished - can still see white uncoloured patches, unfinished edges etc. I guess this was a total time pass painting and that I had too many flowers to colour.


F(l)ight for Peace: A butterfly flying out of a red core with dangling, 'ready to clutch' hands flys out towards a white flower, symboloizing the ever present struggle of man to find inner calm. OK OK, no more sermons on that - its actually time pass painting of mine, and I cooked some message around it.


Pumpkin Flowers: The first few paintings of mine in Adobe. A take on the pumpkin flowers that we use to adorn 'kolams' on Margazhi days. Surely, its such a naive painting of mine. This doesn't have any pretention to resemble the actual flowers. It looks like more like a floral painting on a wall. I like this one, for its use of colours.


1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

now.. you are motivating me to try something new.. good blog shankar :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home