Monday, November 14, 2005

Solitude

Lingering thoughts of the past that's deprived
To forget them - they're just shadows, grant me the fortitude
Its just them and my footprints which survived;
Let me be alone, for now, its me and my solitude.

An attempt to present 2 different angles to the same setting/ picture…

The footprints in the wet beach sand is always interesting - a poetic symbolism used and re-used in movies, photographs, books etc. A string of footprints going towards the long distant horizon, always gives a sense of loneliness, a mood to brood and introspect (what a cliché!).

I was fascinated with one film clip of the beach in top angle (Va va anbe from Agni Natchatram?! Not sure...). So decided to paint in the same mode…

The paintings as such are definitely not one of my best. I like the blue and white pattern of the waves, but they are not exceptionally great or whatever. But I like the mood of them. I guess I need to do a serious re-creation of this painting.

The first one is just a close-up shot of the footsteps alone.



The second one is a long mid shot showing sea birds, and of course our hero in a very contemplating mood :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

hm....so bad of you shankar.. you make me miss merina beach n singara chennai more..

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home