Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Reflection

It was a tiny seed that stayed very deep,
Struggle, it did, before it could take a peep;
But now its a tree, carrying a beautiful flower
Even birds learn to fly, before they could soar!

If I remember correctly, I think this is my 2nd painting in Adobe. This is one of my 'dream flowers',i.e. no photos or paintings were used as inspirations. That's why I like this so much.

More than anything, I like the way the background has come - a translucent blur of green in black, giving it a photo like feel.

And the flower has a very good variation of related colours - nicely gradated. Shades of red & orange are always my favourite, and I guess they have come out well. Finally, a frosted glass effect adds an addtional dose of charm to the painting.

The painting was named 'Reflection' just because I had used this effect; also it gives a feel of a reflection of the flower on a watery surface.


1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

wunderful.. the colour combination is too good

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home