Thursday, November 17, 2005

Colours of the Evening Sky

Violets, pinks, reds, greys and blues,
Colours wild & mild, of various hues
The sun is to set, setting the sky to fire;
My dear, its an evening to be shared together.


For many of us, the period between 5:00 to 6:30 is one of the peak times in office - with unexpected work cropping up (how do they manage to do so?!) and we getting into a crazy ritual to tie loose ends and complete unfinished jobs. Or in other, more peaceful days, this time is usually spent in the office cafeteria. The point is, we hardly get to come out in the open during these hours.

But if some had managed to come out and look towards the horizon, then they'd have atleast one fond recollection of the grandeur with which the sun says good bye for the day. How many vivid colours - orange, red, yellow, rosy pink, deep pink, purple, and innumerable shades of blue. The setting is so well framed by the darkness around.

Here are some of my fond recollections of the dusk.

The first one is a take on a photo which I thought will capture all the wonders of the sun setting, when we were on a tour. But it had just come out as a blur, because of the low light and because it was taken from a speeding car. My painting is an improvised version of it, bordering on abstract. The orange is more like a duppatta of a girl running in a distance. I like it for the various hues and the dry brush effect on it.






The second one is adapted from a photo in 'The Hindu'. I like it for the clouds - The orange tint on the clouds that are blocking the sun have come out well. The pinkish sky at the back of the clouds has also come out nicely. The light flare was definitely not created by me - its with a small usage of lens flare that I have managed to create this effect. I guess it looks more natural in this painting than in any other.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

yup.. how long had it been since I had sat in a quiet place to admire the setting sun n the wonderful sky... you really made me think of how much I am missing..

the first painting is good. the second one is awesome. you have a very good talent :)

btw, why have u set this comment moderation in this blog? Do you think it is necessary to approve all the comments that are being posted?

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home